The Commercial Sulphuric Acid is obtained by a modern contact catalytic process, which uses pure sulphur in elemental form as raw material. This type of production process, combined with adequate arrangements for storage, with checks on both the finished product, on raw materials, and on intermediate production, ensure a high degree of purity appreciated by many leading companies, which require this type of product for their processing.
IDENTIFICATION OF THE PRODUCT
Chemical Name: Concentrated Sulphuric Acid
EC Index no. 016-020-00-8
EINECS no. 231-639-5
CAS no. 7664-96-9
Marchi Industriale S.p.A,'s Commercial Sulphuric Acid is supplied in aqueous solution in different concentrations ranging from 99% to 20% H2SO4, depending on the customers' request. It's a synthesis acid with a high degree of purity, able to satisfy the users' requirements in a great number of applications.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
There are many areas in which this product can be profitably used. By way of example, we could quote the following potential uses:
- Reactive for the food industry;
- Raw material in different industrial chemical processes;
- Raw material in the manufacture of cleaning products;
- Reactive for the paper industry;
- Treatments for waste water of urban and industrial origin;
- Synthesis of fertilizers, pesticides, pigments, plastics, synthetic fibres and explosives.
PACKAGING, STORAGE, HANDLING
The Commercial Sulphuric Acid is supplied in 28-ton tankers.
All equipment in contact with the product, from storage to dosage, should be in stainless steel or suitable acid-resistant material. For handling and any other information concerning users' safety and health, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which should be peremptorily requested at the time of the first order.
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL FEATURES
- Formula: H2 - S - O4
- Titre: 99% to 20% H2SO4
- Molecular weight: 98.07
- Appearance: clear, colourless liquid
- Odour: odourless
- Boiling point (96% solution): 296°C
- Boiling point (98% solution): 315°C
- Freezing point (96% solution): - 20°C
- Freezing point (98% solution): 3°C
- Melting point (96% solution): -10°C
- Melting point (98% solution): 0°C
- Solubility: complete in water with strong heat development
- Relative density (20°C - 96% solution): 1.836 g/cm3
WARNING: The information contained in this data sheet is based on our most up-to-date knowledge, but not constitute a warranty. Identification Properties Sectors Packaging