Since 1873 Marchi Industriale has been the history of the Italian chemical industry; a company that, for more than a century, has been producing, innovating, designing with a view of a continuous search for quality excellence, combining respect for tradition with the need to improve itself in the production process and invest in the future by quickly seizing the opportunities as they arise.
Marchi Group's mission is to create value over time with an industrial activity based on maximum attention to the quality of their products, the safety of their employees and the respect for the environment.
The Marchi Group operates primarily in two areas: inorganic-base chemicals and renewable energy.
In inorganic-base chemicals, the Group is the absolute leader in Italy in the production of sulphuric acid and potassium sulphate.
In 1984, the Marchi Company, under the name of Marchi Industriale S.p.A., became a holding and (initially) incorporated a number of companies in central and southern Italy, specialized in the transformation of chemicals, according to their marketing.
In 2004, with the birth of Essemar S.p.A., the result of a joint venture with Esseco Group Srl, and aimed at the construction of a factory for the manufacturing and sale of sulphuric acid and oleum for 150,000 t/year at the production site of San Martino di Trecate (Novara), Marchi Industriale takes a leading role in the domestic market of sulphuric acid.
A further diversification and important step in the Marchi Group's activity concerns the development of a know-how for the manufacture of potassium sulphate.
Drawing from the experience gained over the years and in the perspective of creating innovation and better opportunities, Marchi Industriale has developed a technologically advanced industrial process, for the manufacture of potassium sulphate. This know-how is used by both Marchi in its production site in Marano and by the engineering company Desmet Ballestra for the construction and sale of systems for third parties.
Today the chemical activity of the Marchi Group is concentrated in the plant of Marano Veneziano (Venice), dating back to 1899, which includes:
- Two plants for the production of potassium sulphate and hydrochloric acid.
- A plant for the production of sulphuric acid from elemental sulphur obtained through contact catalytic process.
- A plant for the production of LAS (sulphonic acid) and a line of bagging for water soluble fertilizers.
- Unique case in Italy, a plant for the production of high-purity sulphuric acid: the "reagent grade" or "analytical quality", was designed and implemented.
- Four production lines of Flomar, product used directly in the production process of the paper industry and as a flocculant for water treatment and clarification are supplemented to these plants.
The plant in Marano of Marchi Industriale obtained in 2011 the important AIA (Integrated Environmental Authorisation) certification, issued by the Ministry of the Environment and for Protection of the Land and Sea.
Today Marchi Industriale is a leader in Italy in the production of potassium sulphate.